Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mis(s)Adventure, trial and tribulation 16: What? Piggyback?

One fine day. Three ladies and a gentleman were enjoying a leisurely lunch, chatting the afternoon away.

Then they saw the guy at the next table playing with his daughter and giving her a piggyback.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if a guy does that with me?” G said.

Everyone just laughed and went, “What? I didn’t know you’re into acrobats!”

Keeping his cool, G said, “Don’t you find it very intimate? I mean, how often do you get people offering you a piggyback?”

While my two girls K and L were still laughing their heads off, I went quiet.

“In fact, someone did. But I didn’t let him.”

***        ***        ***

It was about one or two years ago.

We were going to a concert. I even had the time and patience to go shopping that afternoon, thinking to get a rock chic look for the night. Back home, got changed and happily went out in my new look. I regretted my choice of outfits ten minutes after I left home though. How could I be standing all night in these 4-inch heels?

That was the same question he asked when he saw me.

But then I tried to be so cool and said it’s fine, I’m used to it.

When the concert was over, we headed to Central for drinks. My feet were killing me and I was hungry by then but still I tried very hard not to show it.

In the end, I told him I was really tired and asked him not to walk so fast. He didn’t say a word but slowed down a bit. Then as we approached the steps, he turned back and said something. I couldn’t hear him and asked, “What’s up?”

“Want me to give you a piggyback?”

At the time I thought it’s way too weird and said, “Nah, I’m fine. We’re almost there anyway.”

***        ***        ***

At this point, K and G said with a cunning smile, “Aren’t you regretting not saying yes?”

Needless to say…

No comments:

Post a Comment